Sometimes I wish you knew how much I care about you.
How much I genuinely am in love with you.
How honest my feelings and actions are towards you.
When we lay next to each other at night,
I can’t sleep,
I don’t mind your heavy snoring whatsoever,
Or you cold sweat when you have nightmares,
Or your on and off grinding of the teeth.
I lay here,
Enjoying every second I have with you.
Keeping these nights secured safely in the back if my mind so when I leave to New York and feel lonely at night, I could look back to nights like right now, and remember how it felt to have my whole world so vulnerably by side.
I’ll miss waking you up at 3AM asking you to take my knots out of my back.
And I’ll miss eating dinner on my carpet at 2AM.
I’ll miss running over routines randomly at 4 and having tickle fights until I scream bloody murder that I have to pee…
I already miss you and you’re right next to me, sleeping.
I am so in love with you.
I’m just so in love with you.
1. Are her lips like the hot chocolate your mother made
During the winter months when you were seven? Or have you not tasted her well enough to find the fine granules of cocoa that lightly come with each kiss?
2. Do you know her favorite songs? Not when she is happy, but when she is sad. What music reaches inside her ribcage and softly consoles her heart?
3. When she is sad, are you on the phone or are you at her door? Words do not wipe away tears, fingers do.
4. Do you know all the things that keep her up at night? Do you know why she has gone three days without sleep? Do you know of the insurmountable waves of sadness that wash over her like a tsunami?
5. Do you know the things to say that will calm her heartbeat? The places to touch? The places to love?
6. Everytime you see her do you kiss her like it’s the last time but love her like it’s the first?
7. Do you love her?
8. Do you love her?
"Things I Want To Ask Your Boyfriend" - Nishat Ahmed (via 33113)